Just a few days ago, the popular Miss Universe pageant came to a close. And although my fellow Jamaican naturalista Miss Davina Bennett didn’t win the title of Miss Universe, she has made a glorious win for the natural hair community! Her confidence was showing, and her hair and skin were glowing, as she displayed her beautiful natural hair for the whole world to see, wearing it loud and proud on that stage! Miss Jamaica fought back against the Western standard of beauty and owned her look, which must have made her feel empowered in the way that all women and men ought to, regardless of their hair texture.
In doing so, she has personified the following key affirmations which lead to naturalista success:
1. “I am not my hair, but my hair is an important part of me; therefore, I will wear it how I see fit.”
2. “The way I choose to wear my hair shouldn’t alter the way that others view me; I am still very much ‘me’- the same mind, spirit, personality- you name it!”
3. “My hair, which is my crown, shines beautifully at all times.”
4. “I have no need to fear: this is me in my purest state, and I’m comfortable enough to share it with the world.”
5. “Even if no one else will cheer me on, my hair stands tall and cheers for me at all times!”
Miss Davina Bennett slays all day, every day; and we, at The Natural Hair Advocate, are here for ALL of it, and then some!!!
Thank you, Miss Jamaica, for making naturalistas all around the world proud!
How do you “rip the runway” that is Life with your natural hair choices?
How do you make sure you feel be(you)tiful in the skin you’re in?
Let us know in the comments!
2 thoughts on “The Crown Was ALREADY Hers: A 2017 Natural Hair Win!”
I love this article😍😍
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks for stopping by! Glad you enjoyed it! ❤